Castle Driving School Terms and Conditions
Please review our terms and conditions. You can contact us on 01206 728939 if you have any questions.
Intensive Courses Terms and Conditions
- In the event of illness of an instructor we will offer alternative dates or instructors as soon as possible. If these are unacceptable the deposits and balances will of course be returned to you. The school cannot be held responsible if a test is cancelled at short notice by the DSA. This is totally out of our control. Once a course has been booked, the hours must be completed as originally allocated. If a test is cancelled by the DSA then the last two hours of the course (allocated to the test day) will be moved to your new test date. The DSA will give you a new test time, if this is too far away we will do our very best to get your new test date moved to as near as possible to your original test date. As a result and because we are often booking courses well in advance sometimes the instructors diary can change due to test/lesson committments. If this happens we would advise you ASAP. In general, this would only affect the time by approximately a couple of hours at the most.
- Deposit fees are paid in advance and are non-refundable except for reasons as outlined in section 1.
- You will understand that we have the right to withhold any vehicle to be used on a test, for the safety reasons of all concerned, if it is clear that a pupil has not reached a competent standard.
- Whilst the school runs a number of cars and every effort is made in the event of mechanical breakdown, we regret we cannot be held responsible if it proves necessary to cancel the course.
- Please be aware that when booking an intensive course or days at a time that they must be completed in the times originally allocated. In common with the industry, we are unable to refund any monies unless 28 days written notice of cancellation is given, even if a pupil is taken ill before or during the course. If any hours/days are missed due to any reason then you will have to rebook and pay for these hours again. If too many days are missed then the test will have to be moved. The DVSA ask for 3 working days notice for a cancellation of a test, so if you were unable to do this you would unfortunately lose your test fee.
- On your test day, please bring your photo card driving licence and counterpart. If you have an old style licence you will need a valid passport as identification. You will also need to bring your theory pass certificate in case it is needed.
- It is your responsibility to ensure you can read a number plate from a distance of 20.5m (67 feet).
Gift Voucher Terms and Conditions
- The value of this voucher is fixed at the time of ordering and subject to price changes. You may therefore have to pay an additional amount when redeeming your voucher to receive the tuition stated. This does not apply to vouchers with a stated cash value.
- All vouchers are strictly non-refundable yet may be transferred to another person by contacting Castle Driving School.
This disclaimer governs your use of our website; by using our website, you accept this disclaimer in full. If you disagree with any part of this disclaimer, please do not use our website.
Intellectual property rights
Unless otherwise stated, we or our licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the licence below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
Licence to use this website
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions below.
You must not:
- Republish material from this website (including republication on another website
- Sell, rent or otherwise sub-license material on the website
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for a commercial purpose
- Edit or otherwise modify any material on the website
- Redistribute material from this website
Limitations of liability
The information on this website is provided free-of-charge, and you acknowledge that it would be unreasonable to hold us liable in respect of this website and the information on this website.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up-to-date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill).
Our liability is limited and excluded to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law. We will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising under this disclaimer or in connection with our website, whether arising in tort, contract, or otherwise. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing exclusion, we will not be liable for any loss of profit, contracts, business, goodwill, data, income, revenue or anticipated savings arising under this disclaimer or in connection with our website, whether direct or indirect, and whether arising in tort, contract, or otherwise.
We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion.
If we provide you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of our website or other content or services, you must ensure that that user ID and password is kept confidential. You accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your user ID or password.
We may disable your user ID and password at our sole discretion if you breach any of the policies or terms governing your use of our website or any other contractual obligation you owe to us.
We may revise these terms and conditions from time-to-time. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
Last Revision: 04th February 2017